Thank you to all those who attended the Food Allergy Information Session in conjunction with Anaphylaxis Canada at the Loblaws Cooking School in Markham last Friday, September 27, 2013.
The evening discussion highlighted valuable information regarding:
– Signs and symptoms of an allergic reaction.
– Common causes of anaphylaxis.
– One-on-one instruction using an Epipen and Allerject auto-injector.
– Tips for creating an allergy-safe environment.
– An update regarding food allergy labeling in Canada.
– How to identify common allergens when reading food labels.
– Delicious samples of allergen-free products.
It was an informative night, and I was pleased to be a community resource alongside in-store pharmacist, Alice Lee and in-store registered dietician Rowena Leung!