- Health And Safety Week at Our Community Costco!
- Community Health Forum Discussing Digestive Health
- Avoid Overeating This Thanksgiving!
- Dress Up Your Water
- Educating the Public In Our Community
- Educating the Public about Naturopathic Medicine’s Role In Our Current Health Care System
- Burnout Prevention and Treatment
- Make Your Naturopathic Doctor Part of Your HealthCARE Team
- Rejuvenate Your Health
- Profiled in the Provincial Association’s Naturopathic Magazine – The Pulse
- Alternative Medicine Review – A Journal of Clinical Therapeutics
- American Naturopaths Association
- Association of Accredited Naturopathic Medical Colleges
- Association of Perinatal Naturopathic Doctors
- Canadian Association of Naturopathic Doctors
- Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine
- Canadian Medical Association Journal
- Catholic Medical Association
- College of Naturopaths of Ontario (CONO)
- Council on Naturopathic Medical Education
- FertilityCare Toronto
- Lemore Family Medicine Clinic
- McMaster University
- Natural Medicine Journal – American Association of Naturopathic Physicians
- Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database
- Naturopathic Doctor News & Review
- Naturopathic Doctors Ontario
- Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine
Tag Archives: Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine
It is my pleasure to have been asked by the Ontario Association of Naturopathic Doctors Magazine Editor of The Pulse to be profiled in this year’s Summer Issue. If you happen to pick up this issue, do check out the … Continue reading
A week ago, I was honoured to be the recipient of the 2014 Business Person of Character Award. This award was presented to me by the Character Community Foundation of York Region at the Richmond Hill Centre for the Performing Arts. The awards gala was attended by Richmond Hill Mayor Dave Barrow and councillors, as well as mayors from the surrounding communities in York Region, with the inspiring evening ending with the delightful keynote speech delivered by 2014 Character Champion Award Recipient, Bill Fisch. The event recognized more than 155 exceptional York Region nominees for demonstrating exemplary character and contribution to the quality of life of others based on the 11 Character Community attributes: compassion, courage, fairness, honesty, inclusiveness, initiative, integrity, optimism, perseverance, respect and responsibility. I was touched by what was said and am humbled and grateful to those who nominated me to receive this award. As a child I dreamed of pursuing a career in medicine, and every day I have been able to practice as a Naturopathic Doctor in our lively community has been a dream come-true. It is my heartfelt pleasure to contribute to a healthier York Region. Congratulations to all those who have, and continue, to contribute to our “Character Community”!
Removing Barriers to Primary Health Care Services: Federal Government Exempts Naturopathic Medical Services from HST/GST
It has been a month since the Federal Government proposed the elimination of HST on naturopathic medical services effective February 12, 2014. Naturopathic Doctors across Canada are applauding the Federal Government’s decision to exempt naturopathic care from HST as it further removes barriers to primary health care services for Ontarians. States the Canadian Association of Naturopathic Doctors, this exemption “will provide greater access for patients seeking a proactive approach to their health care needs and those looking for individualized, whole person approach to prevent and treat health issues…resulting in improved outcomes in some of the most chronic and costly areas of the healthcare system.”
Thank you to all those who attended the Food Allergy Information Session in conjunction with Anaphylaxis Canada at the Loblaws Cooking School in Markham last Friday, September 27, 2013.
The evening discussion highlighted valuable information regarding:
– Signs and symptoms of an allergic reaction.
– Common causes of anaphylaxis.
– One-on-one instruction using an Epipen and Allerject auto-injector.
– Tips for creating an allergy-safe environment.
– An update regarding food allergy labeling in Canada.
– How to identify common allergens when reading food labels.
– Delicious samples of allergen-free products.
It was an informative night, and I was pleased to be a community resource alongside in-store pharmacist, Alice Lee and in-store registered dietician Rowena Leung!