- Health And Safety Week at Our Community Costco!
- Community Health Forum Discussing Digestive Health
- Avoid Overeating This Thanksgiving!
- Dress Up Your Water
- Educating the Public In Our Community
- Educating the Public about Naturopathic Medicine’s Role In Our Current Health Care System
- Burnout Prevention and Treatment
- Make Your Naturopathic Doctor Part of Your HealthCARE Team
- Rejuvenate Your Health
- Profiled in the Provincial Association’s Naturopathic Magazine – The Pulse
- Alternative Medicine Review – A Journal of Clinical Therapeutics
- American Naturopaths Association
- Association of Accredited Naturopathic Medical Colleges
- Association of Perinatal Naturopathic Doctors
- Canadian Association of Naturopathic Doctors
- Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine
- Canadian Medical Association Journal
- Catholic Medical Association
- College of Naturopaths of Ontario (CONO)
- Council on Naturopathic Medical Education
- FertilityCare Toronto
- Lemore Family Medicine Clinic
- McMaster University
- Natural Medicine Journal – American Association of Naturopathic Physicians
- Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database
- Naturopathic Doctor News & Review
- Naturopathic Doctors Ontario
- Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine
Tag Archives: Healthy CommunityImage
It has been a terrific summer full of learning (and teaching!) in the naturopathic trenches here at the Richmond Hill and Markham Clinics. This past summer has been filled with attending various events which you may have seen us at, some of which included being at our local LA Fitness Vaughan Gym and Health Club, at the Canada Day Celebrations at our local Richmond Green Park, participating in On Richmond Hill Community meetings at the Richmond Hill Centre for Performing Arts, in and around the aisles of Loblaws Markham with the community registered dietician participating in the Diabetes Workshop for patients of the Markham Family Health Team and attending this upcoming weekend’s Maplefest Festival 2013 at the Maple Community Centre.
With all these terrific events supporting a healthy community, the highlight of it all has been the one-on-one mentorship that has been taking place with a fury through educational partnerships with the Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine Preceptor Programme, which trains delightful Naturopathic Medical Interns in our community clinic setting who are preparing for practice and also working with the York District Catholic School Board High School Co-Operative Education Programme Students. It has been an inspiring summer, with evidence that the best is still yet to come with our quickly approaching Fall season. Stay tuned and see you in and around our lively community!
Join us during Naturopathic Medicine Week, which is taking place from May 6, 2013 – May 12, 2013! Naturopathic Doctors across North America are celebrating vis medicatrix naturae (the healing power of nature), and will be spending this week sharing our passion for healthy living in and around the community.
Join us for the Healthy Eating for Mum and Baby workshop!
Bring yourself, your partner and those you know to attend either of these two fun and informative sessions!
Date: Wednesday, April 17, 2013
Time: 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Location: Loblaws Cooking School at High Tech Road, Richmond Hill
Date: Friday, April 19, 2013
Time: 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Location: Loblaws Cooking School at Bullock Drive, Markham
Topics to be covered include:
– Healthy Eating for Mom
– Baby Formula
– Solid Food Introduction
– How to Make Your Own Baby Food at Home
Admission is free! Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to RSVP your spot.
Thank you to all those who attended this year’s Passport to Wellness 2013 at the Aurora Cultural Centre! It was wonderful to have seen a good community presence, and to have other energetic health professionals gathered under one roof in support of the Alzheimer’s Society of York Region, the York Region Food Network and a healthy community.